Specialty Engineering Solutions
EXSOL’s network of cross-trained crews can provide a wide array of mechanical services from a single source. Fewer people, less congestion in work spaces, less standby time – the same crew can move seamlessly from one mechanical operation to the next. The benefit? Lower costs for our customers.
Our array of specialty mechanical services include:
On-Line Leak Sealing and Repair
- Repair leaks on stream, Leak repair for steam, hydrocarbons, gas, air, chemicals and liquids from vacuum up to 6,300 PSI (435 barg / 43,440 kPa)
- Provision of engineering solutions for leas ranging from cryogenic to 1600 ºF (870 ºC),
- Repair solutions including box installation, flange clamp, fiberglass pipe wrap with ceramic coating, high pressure packing glands etc.,
- Complex repairs are designed and certified by our in-house engineer.
- A patented carbon fiber wrapping glass system that enables us to repair virtually any diameter pipe within minutes while under pressure,
- Restores pipe to original pressure rating and can repair area of interest stronger than the original pipe,
- Easy to use application that usually saves customers substantial parts and labor costs.
Hot Taps and Line Stopples
- Experts in relining or replacing pipe sections from 1 inch to 24 inches without decommissioning or shutting down operations,
- Featuring the latest equipment and expertise in hot tapping and line stop techniques.
Comprehensive services performed on reactors, ex changers, piping, compressors, turbines and valves with nut sizes up to 7 5/8 inches using the latest hydraulic tools available:
- Controlled Bolting and Tensioning: Simultaneously loading up to 100% of studs found on reactors, exchangers, piping, compressors, turbines and valves etc.
- Nut Splitting: Removal of any nuts sized up to 5 3/8 inch without damage to the studs and with no hot work permits required,
- Stud Extraction: Safer and Faster, our new methods remove any stud from 1/2 inch to 8 inches in diameter.
- Ultrasonic Monitoring: Measuring of residual stud stress.
Machining and Pipe Cutting (On-Site)
- Pneumatic pipe cutting and beveling (weld-prep)
- Flange facing
- Specialty grinding and polishing
- Line boring
- Stud drilling
- Drilling and tapping
- Journal turning
Heat Treatment Services
- Welding preheat
- Localized electric Post-Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT)
- Induction heating
- Temporary furnaces
- Hydrogen bake-outs
- Line thawing
- Heat shrink/expansions
- Process start-up
- Refractory dry-outs